Babysitter for sick children
Is your child suddenly ill and do you have to go to work? Don't worry, CM will provide a solution and organize care for sick children up to 12 years old at your home. This is up to the age of 21 for children with a disability or long-term illness.
Do you need more than nine hours of babysitting per day? Then the above rate does not apply and you pay 20 euros per started babysitting hour (10 euros per started babysitting hour if you are entitled to an increased allowance).
The babysitting is done by a qualified employee and is possible:
- every working day (from Monday to Saturday) from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
- for a minimum of four hours and a maximum of eleven hours per day;
- for a maximum of five working days per child per illness.
Make your request
Submit your request on weekdays before 1 p.m. for a babysitter the following working day (no guarantee during peak periods). If requested after 1 p.m. or on Saturday, babysitting is possible from the second following working day.
You can request a babysitter via this form or by telephone on 078 05 01 09 (standard telephone rate).
CM confirms your request
Sometimes the demand for babysitters exceeds our supply, so we cannot guarantee a babysitter for every request .
Your request will only be in order after confirmation by CM (by telephone or email).
Complete an information sheet
To make the babysitting experience as smooth as possible, complete an information sheet at the start about your child's habits, medication and nutrition. The sitter brings this. You can also download the sheet and complete it before the babysitter starts.
The home babysitter for sick children is eligible for a tax credit. The deductible amount for income year 2022 (tax year 2023) is a maximum of 14.40 euros per babysitting day per child. The tax certificate will be sent to you automatically.
The home sitter:
- is qualified and has basic competencies with regard to child care;
- offers shelter and care for the sick child;
- may not perform household or nursing duties;
- can warm up food and/or provide assistance with eating in consultation with the parents;
- has a blank extract from the criminal record in application of Article 596.2;
- has been vaccinated (hepatitis B):
- has a neat appearance;
- respects the applicant's privacy and religious beliefs;
- refrains from alcohol, smoking or prohibited substances before and during the assignment.
What if you cancel or change the babysitter?
- If you report a change or cancellation of the babysitter by telephone before 12 noon on the working day prior to the babysitter, you will not pay a contribution for the canceled day(s) or hours.
- If you cancel after 12 noon or on the day of the scheduled babysitter, you pay for the requested hours. If you cancel in time, we can still deploy the babysitter elsewhere and therefore give an opportunity to other parents with sick children who are on the waiting list.
- The sick child is a CM member.
- As a parent or guardian, you cannot look after your acutely ill child yourself due to professional obligations.
- The acute illness is supported by a medical certificate (not a quarantine certificate) from the attending physician. You must give this to the babysitter no later than the last day of the babysitting period.
- The babysitter lasts a minimum of four hours and a maximum of eleven hours per day.
- Children with a disability or long-term illness, older than 12 years, have been recognized by the Flemish Agency for Persons with Disabilities or are entitled to an allowance for child benefit due to disability.
- All previous babysitting appointments have been paid for.