You can get a refund for a hair prosthesis if the baldness is the result of a certain disease or condition.
The refund will never exceed the invoiced amount and will not exceed:
- 270 euros for baldness due to scar formation due to radiotherapy treatment.
- 180 euros at:
- complete baldness due to radiotherapy and/or antimitotic (= which slows down cell division) chemotherapy;
- baldness of at least 30 percent due to certain skin diseases or scarring of physical/chemical, traumatic or inflammatory origin.
Send the invoice to CM
Send the invoice for the wig to CM, together with:
- a request drawn up by your treating physician (in case of baldness due to radiotherapy or chemotherapy);
- an application drawn up by a dermatologist (for baldness of more than thirty percent due to the skin diseases alopecia areata or cicatricial alopecia).
You don't need approval
In neither case is approval from the consulting physician required.
What are the conditions?
You meet one of the conditions below:
- complete baldness due to radiotherapy or chemotherapy;
- baldness of more than 30 percent due to the skin disease alopecia areata;
- baldness of more than 30 percent due to cicatricial alopecia of physical/chemical, traumatic or inflammatory origin;
- cicatricial alopecia of radiotherapeutic origin.
- Who delivers the wig (manufacturer or hairdresser) does not matter for the granting of the refund.
- If you have baldness due to chemotherapy or radiotherapy, you are entitled to a wig reimbursement again after two years. The condition is that a new chemotherapy or radiotherapy has been started, resulting in complete baldness.
- If you have baldness due to a form of alopecia, you are entitled to a refund for a wig after two years.