Some people get a discount for the flu vaccine. After all, a small injection can prevent a lot of trouble.
The Flemish government makes flu vaccines available free of charge to people staying in a subsidized care institution: residential care centers, long-stay psychiatric institutions and institutions for people with disabilities.
As a high-risk person (see conditions ) you will receive a discount on the cost of the flu vaccine. You will then pay 4.08 euros or 2.45 euros if you are entitled to an enhanced reimbursement. This discount is immediately deducted upon purchase, so you do not have to provide CM with the BVAC certificate from the pharmacist afterwards.
Without reimbursement from the Belgian health insurance, you pay approximately 16 euros for a flu vaccine.
What are the conditions?
You belong to one of the following groups.
- Persons at risk of complications :
- pregnant women, regardless of the duration of pregnancy;
- persons aged 65 and over;
- patients from 6 months with:
- chronic disease (e.g. lung, heart, liver or kidney disease, metabolic disease including diabetes…);
- muscle disorder;
- BMI higher than 35;
- immunity disorder;
- persons staying in an institution;
- children aged 6 months to 18 years undergoing long-term aspirin therapy.
- Persons living under the same roof with:
- person from the above risk groups;
- baby under six months;
- Persons working in the health sector ;
- Persons between 50 and 65 years old ;
- Professional breeders of poultry and/or pigs (and their family members living under the same roof) and persons who have daily professional contact with live poultry and pigs.