A remote consultation can be done by telephone or video call. Your doctor must apply the paying third party scheme for such a consultation. So you only pay the co-payment.
For a remote consultation, your doctor can:
- send an electronic payment request (such as a URL or QR code to pay);
- use a platform with a built-in payment module for a video consultation;
- choose not to collect the co-payment until the next physical consultation.
There is no limit on the number of remote consultations that are reimbursed.
What are the conditions?
- A remote consultation always takes place at your request and with the doctor's permission.
- You use a safe platform for a video call.
- This concerns a consultation with:
- a doctor who is already treating you;
- a specialist to whom you have been referred;
- a GP on-call service.