Living and working outside the EEA or Switzerland

Are you moving to a country other than an EU member state, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland? Contact CM.

Are you going to work in one of those countries for a foreign employer? Then you must register with a local health insurance fund in your new country of residence. In some countries this is done automatically via the employer, in others you have to register yourself.

Because health insurance is not so extensive everywhere, you can provide extra protection by:

  • to take out additional private insurance ;
  • to pay a contribution to the RSZ to join the Belgian system of ' Overseas Social Security'