CM travel assistance
Thanks to CM travel assistance, children and young people with child benefits can go on holiday to any foreign destination without any worries. For all others, travel assistance depends on the country, region or area visited.
- These countries, regions and areas are covered by CM travel assistance if you go on holiday there. CM travel assistance applies worldwide to children and young people with child benefit. There is no worldwide assistance for young people who study abroad, only within Europe.
- 24/24 right to information, advice and assistance thanks to the Mutas emergency center (+ 32 2 272 09 00).
- Reimbursement for emergency medical expenses.
- CM assistance is guaranteed for three months, from the first day of care abroad.
What should I do in case of medical expenses abroad?
Pay your outpatient costs
Did you go to the doctor or buy medication abroad?
- Amounts lower than 250 euros
Pay yourself on site.
- Amounts higher than 250 euros
Contact the Mutas emergency center (+ 32 2 272 09 00). They transfer the reimbursement directly to the healthcare providers.
Keep prescriptions and evidence
Keep all original receipts and prescriptions in good condition. In France there is such a thing as a medicine vignette. Did you get a vignette like that? Save that too.
Deliver everything to CM
Home again? Send your payment receipts and prescriptions to CM, this can be done via the CM app or CM mailbox. Do this together with this application form .
You will receive your refund from CM
CM will transfer the refund to your account. This usually happens within three months.
It may take longer for complex files. A specific arrangement applies to the reimbursement of costs in Australia .
What should I do if I am hospitalized abroad?
Make sure you contact the Mutas emergency center (+ 32 2 272 09 00) within 48 hours of your admission.
Submit your EHIC
Do you not have a European Health Insurance Card (not digitally via the app and not in card form)? Don't worry, Mutas will provide a replacement certificate to the hospital.
Don't pay your hospital bill
That is to say, wait until you get back home to pay the hospital bill. Are you still asked to pay immediately? Please contact Mutas immediately (+ 32 2 272 09 00).
Which costs are refunded?
The expenses below are eligible for reimbursement if your holiday destination is covered by CM travel assistance :
- hospitalization costs in case of urgent hospital admission (with the exception of lay-up costs for a single room);
- outpatient costs (e.g. for doctor or dentist visits, medicines) for urgent medical care (only for countries with which there is an agreement within the compulsory health insurance);
- costs for repatriation (subject to prior approval from the Mutas emergency center);
- necessary communication costs (max. 15 euros);
- additional transport and accommodation costs (max. 1,100 euros and subject to prior approval from the Mutas emergency center);
- treatment of the body of a deceased person (max. 1,000 euros).
CM travel assistance does not intervene in:
- costs resulting from practicing a dangerous sport.
- costs resulting from travel to countries or regions that received negative travel advice from the Federal Public Service Foreign Affairs at the time of departure. You can find the areas that are not recommended on the Foreign Affairs website.
- the complete list of exclusions can be found in chapter 7 of the articles of association
What are the conditions?
- You are a member of CM and have paid your contribution.
- You are on holiday abroad (recreational reasons).
How much will I get refunded?
Files lower than 200 euros
There is only reimbursement from compulsory health insurance. It is usually 75 percent of the costs.
Total medical costs incurred in France: 180 euros.
The reimbursement is 135 euros (in France this is usually 75 percent of the costs).
There is only a possible reimbursement from the compulsory health insurance.
For self-employed people, there is no agreement within health insurance with these countries regarding the reimbursement of outpatient care. As a result, there is no refund for them.
For possible reimbursement, you can submit your costs for outpatient care locally to the competent authority. Are you back in Belgium yet? Then you can no longer submit those costs and they will therefore not be refunded.
There is no agreement with other countries regarding the reimbursement of outpatient care within compulsory health insurance. As a result, there is no refund.
For care on board a ship, the flag of the ship determines whether compensation can be paid from the mandatory health insurance.
Files higher than 200 euros
Almost all emergency medical costs are reimbursed if your holiday destination is covered by CM travel assistance.
A deductible of 60 euros applies per file and per entitled party (25 euros for members with the increased allowance). The refund always includes an additional CM refund.
Total medical costs incurred in France: 300 euros.
The reimbursement amounts to 240 euros for members without increased compensation.
What can I contact Mutas for?
- agreements with the doctor or healthcare provider who treats you abroad;
- administration and sending the necessary forms;
- delivery of medication or aids that are missing on site;
- organization of the repatriation of the remains in the event of death.